Pre Marriage Checklist
- Book church
- Book officiating priest. Decide whether to have Mass.
- Arrange pre-marriage preparation (ideally a year before the wedding)
- Complete civil notification form (at least tree months in advance).
- Plan the reception.
- Order Papal Blessing.*
- Arrange to have papers completed for both parties in current parish(es) by priest(s).
- Plan ceremony with officiating priest.
- Arrange music/hymns.*
- Contact those responsible for church decoration.*
- Plan and proof booklet.*
- Provide all readers with copy of texts with which to practice.
- Purchase candles for ceremony.*
- Arrange rehearsal in church with priest and readers.
- Coordinate drivers to ensure timely arrival at church.
- Assign people to welcome guests at church and usher them to their places.
- Deliver candle, rings and coins/gifts to the altar before the ceremony begins.
- Deliver offerings for priest and other services to the sacristy after the ceremony.
- Ensure that the marriage registration form is delivered to civil authorities.
(*) Indicates options.
Cork Marriage Counselling Centre - CMCC
Cork and Ross Social Services
34 Paul Street,
Tel: 00 353 21 4275678
Pre-Marriage: 00 353 21 4272277
Fax: 00 353 21 4274917